Home Back


Building Work

Alterations in your home and being a considerate neighbour

If you carry out works to your home you need to do this in a considerate manner. Ensure that you and your builders understand the requirements of working in the block. This means:

Before carrying out certain works, you need to seek written permission before you start from Westminster Housing. This applies to tenants and leaseholders. Examples of what you need to seek permission for include:

If you fail to seek permission, you could face legal action and associated costs. You can find an application form on the website by visiting https://www.westminster.gov.uk/ or you can call us on 0800 358 3783.

If you are aware of any works in the block that are not being carried out considerately, please contact us on 0800 358 3783. If you experience noise, including that from DIY during an unsociable hour please call Westminster City Councils 24 hr Noise Team on (020) 7641 2000.

Top of Page