- Mice, bedbugs, ants, cockroaches, wasps or rats: report to the Pest Control number 0800 358 0514
as soon as possible. For a leaseholder flat, the pest control costs will be re-charged to you
- Silver fish. Report these to Pest Control, but check your plumbing, particularly the hoses at the back of
the washing machine or dishwasher, or under the sink or bath. Any slight seepage of water makes a deliciously
warm and damp place for them
- Pigeons. Please do not feed the pigeons, on your balcony or on the grass around the block.
Contact the Estate Office to report problems. Westminster Housing recently issued further comment and advice (Nov 2014):
- Pigeons can carry a number of potentially infectious diseases such as salmonella, tuberculosis and ornithosis.
An act of kindness in feeding the pigeons may result in the birds becoming a problem for someone else.
- Some preventative tips:
- Keep your balcony clear - this prevents nesting
- Hang CDs on a string - the shiny movement will scare them away
- Put up a mirror - the reflection can scare them away
- Buy a plastic owl - pigeons are afraid of owls