Home Back



Common areas, sheds, garages and major works are the responsibility of Westminster Housing. See below for a partial list of serious or emergency problems. For all contacts and queries about repairs and building services, use the numbers and emails on the Contacts page.

Emergency repairs when there is a serious risk to people or your property, such as:

Free HandyPerson Service

If you're aged 60 or over or receive a disability allowance, you can use Westminster City Council's free handyperson service for small jobs around the home. This may include minor repairs, plumbing, replacing locks or broken windows, fixing loose carpets or fitting hand rails. You can use the service twice in 12 months for jobs that take up to half a day. Call (020) 7641 8959 to book an appointment.