Common areas, sheds, garages and major works are the responsibility
of Westminster Housing. See below for a partial list of serious or emergency problems.
For all contacts and queries about repairs and building services, use the numbers
and emails on the Contacts page.
- Contact Westminster Housing Customer Services. Lines are open 8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- Evenings Mon-Fri between 5pm and 8.30am and at weekends call the emergency repairs service
- For less urgent repairs you can email Customer Services (please allow up to seven working days
for a response)
- For broken windows you should contact Westminster Housing, but they are the responsibility of the lease
holder to replace. This should be done as quickly as possible, and at least within 28 days
Emergency repairs when there is a serious risk to people or your property, such as:
- severe water leaks that cannot be collected in a bucket or stemmed with a cloth or towel
- total loss of water supply or electricity
- intermittent electricity supply, sparks, bare wires
- water entering your electrical system
- blocked soil pipes or stacks
- dangerous structures
- securing the property
- loss of heating or hot water when young children or older or vulnerable people are affected.
If you do not have children or older people in your household you may be asked to wait until
we can make repairs in the daytime.
Free HandyPerson Service
If you're aged 60 or over or receive a disability allowance, you can use Westminster City Council's free handyperson
service for small jobs around the home. This may include minor repairs, plumbing, replacing locks or broken windows,
fixing loose carpets or fitting hand rails. You can use the service twice in 12 months for jobs that take up to half a day.
Call (020) 7641 8959 to book an appointment.